Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sundance shorts online!

Firstly, sorry to continue the overdose of movies. Either the season seems to be such or I'm inspired to write only about movies presently.

Sundance is on. The Web-site has quite a lot of information and this time around, I discovered a gem! Many, if not all, short movies are available for online viewing. I believe that this will give a good taste of the festival even if we don't get to watch any of the movies that will be screened. While providing movie-buffs with an opportunity to watch some movies, this effort also gives more exposure to these small movie-makers.

I just couldn't contain my excitement when I found this; so, I have posted this after watching just one of the movies from the page. My apology in the first para withstanding, expect further rambling after I watch more of them.

A Half Man by Firas Momani (just 5 minutes long!) is a curious offering. Shot in the old "stop motion" style using dolls / puppets, it was interesting, though I didn't get the possible philosophical meaning.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, aren't all movies (short or long) that go to Film festivals supposed to go over ones head?

I watched a couple of those online movies and could not understand most of them! hahahaha!

26 January, 2006 13:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home