Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Australia picture story - IV

Yeah, I'm in a hurry to complete this series to move onto other things. Still, my Hollywood Masala series is crying for attention. For now, I continue with Brisbane and in general, Australia.

My wife thought that I had missed putting the picture of a Koala in a series about Australia! It was just coming...

Koalas are possibly the cutest set of animals I've ever seen. They sleep upto 18-20 hours a day, basically because they can stay awake only that much due to the low energy they gather from the food they eat. We were lucky to catch most koalas awake. But the sleeping ones were cuter though.

Actually, I think that the kangaroos are better known than koalas. Both, of course, are associated with Australia. We got to 'mingle' with these 'jumpers' in an open area and I felt they were like dogs.

Another unique animal from this part of the world is the emu, seen above.

There were also some very colourful parrots.

The above one is just a replica of a dinosaur skeleton, not a real animal!

Australian cities are so well-maintained that animals can even move around in between people. Seeing birds in a busy downtown area like this isn't uncommon.

Parks are a good form of recreation, atleast in Brisbane. The South Bank Parklands has this fantastic, award-winning bougainvilla-based design.

Roma Parklands was one up, with a wide variety of flowers and plants. What you see above is kind of the centre-piece!

Just as in many big cities, Brisbane too has a "China town". We went to this area to get some relief with Chinese and even Indian food!

On one of the walks, I noticed this old car resting in front of a house.

Though I didn't see a lot of people speeding in bikes across the town, it was interesting to see a whole lot of them parked on the foot-path.

I'm not sure if I blogged all that I wanted to say, but I hope this series gave a fair idea of what Australia is.

Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home