Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Travel-blogging

No, I haven't disappeared mysteriously! I am just on a vacation to California, seeing new places and meeting old friends.

When I started out, I thought it would be cool to blog daily, with pictures if possible, about this trip itself. Even my title was ready: California Trip Diary -- Day 1, Day 2 and so on. Unfortunately, there are several hurdles to overcome if you want to blog while travelling:
  • Lack of time. Each day, you plan out some schedule, go and see some place or meet someone. Many times, there are delays and invariably you are tired, waiting to crash. Even if you manage to wake up early next day, you may still not have a peaceful period of half hour or so to write an item like this.
  • Computer conspiracies. Internet, that too broadband, is easily accessible in US nowadays; so, we can't blame that. But your laptop or any other computer that you may use could still create problems. For example, I just couldn't get my laptop to connect to the Internet at my friend's place -- it refused to get necessary network information. My friend had a cool Vaio, with a low disk space problem on C drive though. He didn't have FireFox, but only Netscape and IE. Either both of them were ancient or the low disk space was creating problems -- I just couldn't create a blog item! Either the editing interface itself was only partially available or it didn't work.
After going through all of the above, I have managed to post this, around the middle of my trip. One idea was to post something and another was to generally vent out frustration. That's all for now.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home