Saturday, April 01, 2006

Apple & Macintosh

Apple is one of the companies I've long admired, though I've never really used their products. While in school / college, I've heard stories about how Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak started the company, how a trip to Xerox PARC set the stage for the first commercial GUI-based computer, how Apple competed with IBM, how Bill Gates sat with a Macintosh and copied feature by feature into Windows and so on. Some may be false; but those are the kind of legends surrounding the company.

I don't really care about the iPod, though I feel tempted to go for it once in a while. I was enamoured more by the Macintosh. I've just tried it a couple of times and loved it.

Here's an interesting series of photographs which trace its evolution, if you don't mind a little geekiness.

Maybe, some day, I'll have a Mac as my home computer. Till then...happy birthday, Apple!

Picture courtesy: http://www.avalanchejournal.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just happened to read your blog. One of your old posts seem to strike a chord with me. Ofcourse, the 'Apple' always does it!

I must first of all let you know that 'our family' which includes me and my hubby are both big 'Apple' fans. Infact, the last post on my husband Ganesh's blog http://mystupidities.blogspot.com was on Apple. The only difference between you and us is (this may be a little hard on you:) ) is that we own a Apple iBook for close to 2 years now. We have loved it from day 1 and have flaunted it beyond explanation. We hoot when we see an Apple on a TV screen or anywhere for that matter:) Like you said it is a wonderful experience to work with a Mac. Not only are the looks fantastic, but also the ease of use and the several thoughtfully laid out features. And of course, the fact that our machine never hangs or has never had a virus attack is something to be really delighted about. To understand more about the feeling of owning and Apple, you obviously must buy one OR the more inexpensive option would be to check out Ganesh's blog:)

Savitha

20 November, 2006 00:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home