Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sideways...

Courtesy: AllMoviePhoto.com / Fox Searchlight Pictures

Firstly, I can't believe that this blog had to wait for 10 posts to get the first one on movies from a "certified movie maniac"!

Sideways is a brilliant movie that I caught on cable recently. I heard of it only at the Oscars and didn't really have an idea of it. The screenplay was fantastic, including the aspect that I love to see -- no commercial intrusions. The acting was brilliant and in the end, I wondered why Paul Giamatti (familiar face seen in small parts in many famous movies) didn't even get an Oscar nomination. With respect to the story, I enjoyed the strong friendship and the mature romance. There are a few explicit scenes, but pray don't watch the movie just for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home