Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Over to Wiki...

After blah-blahing about Blog for a while, it's the turn of Wiki now. This post was triggered by another CNET piece that I came across. Read it for the basics of Wiki to the proliferation and impact.

Wikipedia is almost becoming like Google for me these days. I'm aware of the possible inaccuracies though. But it was interesting to scan through info on the Paris riots and notice portions marked as 'disputed'. Who wants to buy the multi-volumed Encyclopaedia Brittanica and build a nice-looking cup-board around it and dust both of them periodically! Also, Wikipedia is available in numerous languages. [I'd love, but am bewildered by the size of the effort, to contribute to it!]

Another form of exposure for me is the usage within a company. It helps in sharing ideas and establishing a common source of info, in an age where the organization has no wired boundaries.

Happy Wiki-ing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home