Monday, November 14, 2005

Evolution of blogging, as I see it...

Now, when I think about it, I feel Sujatha (see Wikipedia entry that doesn't do justice to him) was a pioneer in this too. His Katradhum Petradhum now seems like a weekly compilation of his blog entries. I haven't really read his Kadaisippakkam -- how does that figure? Man, anyway, that guy is too much! [Heard of his Web-site coming up in January...] Did any other writer (in the Western world or otherwise) do anything like this?

I maintained a diary for several years. But that was just a few sentences scribbled. I don't intend to put my diary online through this blog though. In fact, when I first heard of (We)blogs, I really thought it was about writing an online diary and I thought it was a crazy idea!

When the Net revolution happened, I was among the millions who setup a home-page. I used to have a section called 'Latest' where I'd write a few lines (with some photo) about something that influenced me during that period. Now, when I think about it, that was also like blogging...

One of my friends turned blog-crazy about a couple of years ago and he continues to yap about it even now. As I mentioned earlier, I've never really been much of a blog reader myself. But I too just felt like yapping, I guess...:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home